Vitamin C is the topmost ingredient when it comes to skin and hair care. It is one of the best anti-ageing ingredients in the personal care industry. Vitamin C is much needed for your skin to maintain a soft, glowing and radiant complexion. Vitamin C via your diet will cure you internally but, when it comes to the exterior parts like skin and hair, you will need a Vitamin C based moisturiser, deep scrubs, serums, shampoos or other similar personal care products.
This article will tell you why you should add Vitamin C products in your lavatory kit:
1) Suitable for All Skin Types- Vitamin C is entirely safe for all skin types. Usually, people fear applying products daily or for a longer duration as they feel that it might damage their skin. Such situations won't arise with Vitamin C based products. The rarest case is for people with hypersensitive skin to experience mild irritation.
2) Hydrates your Skin- Vitamin C has contents of magnesium which enhances your skin and keeps it glowing. Additionally, it retains moisture which makes your skin hydrated and fresh.
3) Brightens your Skin- Vitamin C gives your skin a youthful and an enchanting look. It even makes your skin smooth and reduces dullness.
4) Reduces Redness- If you wish to clean inflammatory skin conditions, then Vitamin C based products are highly recommended for you. It helps in reducing redness and even out your skin tone.
5) Prevents Hyperpigmentation- Hyperpigmentation occurs when melanin is excessively produced in certain parts of your face. Pigmentation also includes ageing spots and sunspots. For some people, it occurs in parts where healing of acne takes place. Products like Charcoal Matcha Face Scrub helps in delaying the production of melanin. It helps in reducing dark spots and making your skin tone even.
6) Reduces Dark Spots- It restores the flexibility of the skin, prevents the look of puffiness and dark circles, activates the metabolism and functions as a useful antioxidant. You can use them either early in the morning when starting off your day or in the night before you go to bed.
7) Boosts Collagen Production- Collagen is the most sufficient protein in the human body. It is found in the bones, muscles, skin, and tendons. Absence of collagen can result in wrinkles, dark spots and fine lines. It is the substance that holds your entire body together. Vitamin C is a benefactor in increasing the production of collagen because collagen ends up depleting overtime.
8) May Help in Making your Skin Firmer- As stated above, collagen is a vital ingredient for your skin. Collagen production is interlinked with skin firmness and skin elasticity. When the collagen levels drop, your skin does not stay firm and begins sagging. Face masks play a pivotal role in making your skin healthier. Apply Charcoal Glacier Clay Face Mask to improve collagen production. It also results in firm and youthful-looking skin and increased blood flow.
9) Protects your Skin against Harmful Free Radicals- Free radicals are molecules that cause skin damage. In layman terms, these are atoms that do not have any electrons in them. Free radicals aim at getting electrons and as a result, steal them from our face. Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants. The DeTan Face Scrub acts as an Antioxidant and guards healthy skin cells by giving these free radicals an electron, executing them harmlessly.
10) Contains Healing Properties- Vitamin C boosts your wound healing procedure and reduces the chance of scarring, infection and inflammation.
Vitamin C does wonder for your skin and hair. Applying it just once a month would not be of any help, but adding it daily to your essentials will give you maximum benefits. It is according to your preference whether you need to apply in the morning as a cream or sunscreen. Or in the night as a night cream or serum. There are various products for basically all your skin problems so you can start exploring at Thyme Organic now!